Sunday, March 15, 2009

5 TIPS ON HOW TO PREVENT ACNE

I have been affected by acne since i was a teenager. I think the first one came when i was about 13 years old but i didn't give it any thought as it was not that hurtful or that much. Suddenly when i was 15 years, i was attacked(literally) by lots of acne that hurt so much. I did not know much about acne then so i started picking at my acne especially when i was reading(which was quite a lot).

What did i get from my habit? Loads and loads of spots but that did not stop me from picking at my acne. I did not even use any acne treatment then, i guess i was not too conscious of my appearance and still went about enjoying myself like a normal teenager.

Maybe i did not feel pressured because of the friends i was hanging out with. We were more concerned about making good grades so that we can enter the university to study the courses of our choice.

However nowadays kids are not like me,i have heard of lots of young people who refuse to leave their house because they have acne.I am older now and know a lot about acne and how it can be prevented(considering my profession and my personal experience). I would love to help people achieve that smooth and acne free skin that they desire.

Here are 5 ways that i have discovered that can really help you prevent acne:

1. Wash your face at least twice a day with a mild soap but not too much so as not to strip your face of all the oil leading to more acne.

2. Do NOT pick, i repeat do NOT pick your acne. It took me years before i could get rid of some of my spots. Infact i am still trying to get rid of some that are stubborn.

3. Drink lots of water (at least 7 or 8 glasses) to help hydrate your skin.

4. Try to stay as much as possible away from the sun. If you must go out in the sun, apply a lotion with at least a SPF of 20. Not only is too much sun not good for your acne, it has also caused skin cancer for some people. So take your lotion with you when you go out.

5. Find an acne treatment that works for you and stick to it. When i started using acne treatments at first, i would using one for about two or three weeks (not faithfully) and discard it saying it does not work. Now i know that you have to stick to an acne treatment for about 2-3 months before you can conclude on its effectiveness. I have been on benzoyl peroxide for about 5 months now and trust me, i am loving my face.

Well, that is 5 tips for you but i should let you know that there are many more that can help you. I will probably publish more tomorrow (hopefully i won't be too lazy to write).

Hope i see you tomorrow. Hey! i hope you loved today's article.
Remain beautifully blessed,
Your girl,
Bim nubi.

P.S: If you are new to acne treatments or want to change your acne treatment, you can try these products. They are simply incredible or permit me to use the slang 'they simply rock'. They are:

1. Revitol® Acne moisturizing Crème and Revitol® Acnezine Skin Antioxidant Capsules: Treats acne from outside and inside. Check out http://www.revitol.com/product/overview/Acnezine_Acne_Solution/?aid=490509

2. Murad Acne complex®: A complete system that does not contain benzoyl peroxide (for people who cannot stand benzoyl peroxide). Check out Acne Complex

3. For people who have got massive reminders that they once had acne like me (I am talking about spots), check out Revitol® Spot gel http://www.revitol.com/acne-spot-gel/?aid=490509 . It helps get rid of spots and blemishes.

No comments: